Sunday 27 May 2012

It Figures...

Well Friday past, was my day that I was scheduled to cut out all pain killers with any sort of anti inflammatorys. It is recommended before an operation to cut it out two weeks before as some medications within anti inflammatories can thin the blood stream and cause complications. However, unfortunately for me Friday would be the day that my body is riddled with the worst Migraine in creation. I have literally been asleep for two whole days straight and wallowing in my self pity. On the upside, the anesthetist has agreed that in moderation I can keep the pain killers, Yay, little happy star jumps for me. Unfortunately the scales are no lighter today for all my troubles and the house is a disaster zone.

I also decided a few weeks ago that I would put up a sign at the local community notice board to start a free walking group, looking for other mums or women with kids, dogs or schedules that didn't fit around a gym, looking for some like minded ladies to go exercising with. I haven't had much response but I figured being part of this would give me a sense of accountability and motivation to drag my ass out of bed. Well Good News!! Today a lady called me and we start in a few days, isn't that great. I am now committed at least once a week to burn off some of this booty.

My breast reduction is twelve days away now. In a way I feel like an active exercise schedule will be a waste of time when so soon I am going to be bed ridden and recovering from surgery, but then I figure it might make my body a little fitter and able to handle the surgery. If it doesn't die of shock.  Jokes aside ladies, I hope your journey to your dreams is progressing nicely.

What little burdens and blessings have come your way and what new changes do you have in mind this week?

Yours till next time

Paige

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment